Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oriya poem "Mo sapana ra jia"



Please read it in Oriya....... This is a dessi poem dedicated to my dream girl "Mo sapana ra jia" composed in bidessi style. I have tried my level best to project her here. For non oriya friends after every stanza I have tried to explain its meaning......


Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re kahin assuni sie
kaha ae phoola, kaha ae megha
kauthi mo sapana au jibana jiba missi

(The girl who comes in my dream every night, why is she not coming to me in reality. Then I ask the question to flowers and clouds, when would my dream turn into reality?)

Hassa jahar phoote sakala phoola bhali
Luha jahar barase kala megha bhali
Jahar otho au akhi re jae mu bhulli
kaha ae phoola, kaha ae megha
Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re kahin assuni sie

(The girl whose smile reminds me of morning flower that has just bloosomed, whose tears comes up as raining dark clouds. The girl in whose lips and eyes I am lost, I ask the question to flowers and clouds,The girl who comes in my dream every night, why is she not coming to me in reality.)

Khouji khouji jahaku mu hajji jae
ae prema banna re rasta mu bhuli jae
Jahar sugandha tani ane mate naddi kula ku
Kaha ae banna, kaha ae naddi
Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re kahin assuni sie

(The girl whom I search for everywhere and get lost in the process, even I forget my way searching for her in dense forest of love. The girl whose sweet smell shows me the way to river bank when I am lost. I ask the question to the same forest and river,The girl who comes in my dream every night, why is she not coming to me in reality.)

Purnima ra chandra ku dekhi mu bhabe jaha bisaya re
Akasha re tara joddi joddi mu kare kalpana jaha bisaya re
Jahar amavashya kari die mate pagala
Kaha ae chandra, kaha ae tara
Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re kahin assuni sie

( The girl whom I think about by looking at the moon in a full moon night, even I join stars and try to mapp her out in the night sky. The girl(as a moon) whose absence (Amavasya) turns me mad.I ask the question to the same moon and stars,The girl who comes in my dream every night, why is she not coming to me in reality.)

Sapana au satya missiba jebe
Jibana ti mora sarthaka heba tebe
Kahin kejani mu rahiba cahain
aei sundara sapna re
Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re asiba ki sie??

(When my dream will turn into reality, I would consider it as my success in life. But I fear and want to be in my sweet dreams. The fear that pricks me is that the girl who comes in my dream, would she come in reality to me??)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sapana au satya milana haba...Taruni tiku tume khoji paiba...Swapna dekha tuma haba sarthaka...Tarunira nama kahiti daba ?

Unknown said...

only Lolax.....

But The poem has nowhere described the hint of the dreamyyyyy gal....
...
Can we knw !!!

Deepak and only Deepak said...

@Rashmi
Thank you for completing it in such a fashion.If I would have known her name I would have approached her definitely

@Jyoti
Dream girl is in dream yaar. nothing in reality.

wildflower said...

Sapana re nitti asuchi jie
jibana re asiba ki sie

hmmm...i was also wondering...kahin asuni se ;)

badhiya heichi re :)

Deepak and only Deepak said...

@wildflower
Thank you. still searching yaar. but there is someone still in dream

Dark horse said...

bhai nuha ku barsa ra topa saha tulana kara jae,taku kala megha sahita nuhen.


megha au barsa duta alaga jinisa


overall this poem is enjoyable,keep it up and try to write more poem

Chitta.... said...

Good poemmmmm